Repost: Using FTP proxy with MultiNET ftp
B***@cwu.EDU
2008-09-25 12:41:16 UTC
Over the weekend of September 16/17, an addressing change which moved a
VMScluster running MultiNET version 5.2 from routable addressing to non-
routable addressing was implemented at our site. After the change MultiNET
FTP no longer can reach destinations on the InterNET. There is a system
in the routable part of our site which maintains FTP proxies; however, I
don't seem to be able to find the appropriate MultiNET FTP command(s) or
setting(s) which will allow the VMScluster nodes to use FTP to remote sites
via the FTP proxy system. Can MultiNET FTP use proxies? If so, where can I
find the information to enable that functionality?

Thanks,
Bill Glessner - Central Washington University
- System programmer
Michael Corbett
2008-09-25 13:26:22 UTC
Post by B***@cwu.EDU
Over the weekend of September 16/17, an addressing change which moved a
VMScluster running MultiNET version 5.2 from routable addressing to non-
routable addressing was implemented at our site. After the change MultiNET
FTP no longer can reach destinations on the InterNET. There is a system
in the routable part of our site which maintains FTP proxies; however, I
don't seem to be able to find the appropriate MultiNET FTP command(s) or
setting(s) which will allow the VMScluster nodes to use FTP to remote sites
via the FTP proxy system. Can MultiNET FTP use proxies? If so, where can I
find the information to enable that functionality?
There is no support for FTP proxies in the MultiNet FTP client.
You might be able to use it by modifying the commands you use. For
example you might have to do something like -

$ mu ftp/user="***@ftp.server.com" proxy

The proxy would then open a connection to ftp.server.com using the
user name anonymous. This might not work on all proxies. If not then
check the proxy server's documentation for details.

regards
Mike
Michael Corbett Email: ***@process.com
Process Software Phone: 800 722-7770 x369
959 Concord St. 508 879-6994 x369
Framingham MA 01701-4682 FAX: 508 879-0042