Latest/last ECOs for Multinet 4.4A?
Fairfield, Ken :CO IR
2008-02-06 23:07:31 UTC
Running VMS 7.3-2 on a cluster of GS1280's, with Multinet 4.4A installed.

We're about to take a downtime for some required VMS patches, so I thought
I'd check on Multinet patches at the same time. Note: I am *not* in a position
to actually *upgrade* to MN 5.1 or 5.2, sorry...

I have some questions about V4.4A patches that are available on
ftp.multinet.process.com:

o NFS_CLIENT-011_A044 & NFS_SERVER-020_A044

The images in these kits have the same image ident as the ones
installed with the original (I presume) A044 installation, only
their link dates are later than the ones I have on disk. Do these
fix any problems?

Are there later A051 or A052 NFS kits that can or should be installed
on MN 4.4A?

o SSH-070_A051

This seems to be the latest SSH kit for NM 4.4A, is that correct?
The README does not have a prior-version compatibility matrix, there
was only the SSH.README in the MULTINET044 directory as reference.

o MASTER_SERVER-010_A044

Is the latest/last Master Server ECO for MN 4.4? This version is
not listed on the web site...and we already have it installed...

Thanks, Ken
--
Ken Fairfield
System Administrator, Information Services

Phone: 503-415-5836, FAX: 503-415-5899, Email: ***@LHS.org

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
This communication, including any attachment, contains information that may be confidential or privileged, and is intended solely for the entity or individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you should contact the sender and delete the message. Any unauthorized disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message is strictly prohibited. Nothing in this email, including any attachment, is intended to be a legally binding signature.
Vance Haemmerle
2008-02-10 05:41:16 UTC
You can get the comprehensive list using the search form at

http://www.multinet.process.com/eco.html

and choosing V4.4A for Multinet Version.

--
Vance
Thanks, Ken
Richard Whalen
2008-02-11 14:13:09 UTC
In general, MultiNet 5.1 and 5.2 ECOs will not work on MultiNet 4.4 -
there are too many differences involved.

The list that you have below are the most recent kits available for that
component of MultiNet 4.4A