sshd idle timeout
Thomas Hartsook
2008-02-05 19:09:41 UTC
How is the sshd idletime counter reset? It seems that the process has a large
"lag time". I have the IdleTimeOut set to 4h. After about three hours, I
type some stuff in the connection, but it still times me out at four hours.

I am connecting with xterm from Solaris.

KeepAlive yes
RekeyIntervalSeconds 3600
IdleTimeOut 4h

Tom Hartsook
Oregon State Univ
Dan O'Reilly
2008-02-05 22:56:28 UTC
I can't duplicate this. Can you please turn on debug level 3 for the
server and try this again, then post the resulting SSH_LOG:SSHD.LOG?
Post by Thomas Hartsook
How is the sshd idletime counter reset? It seems that the process has a
large "lag time". I have the IdleTimeOut set to 4h. After about three
hours, I type some stuff in the connection, but it still times me out at
four hours.
I am connecting with xterm from Solaris.
KeepAlive yes
RekeyIntervalSeconds 3600
IdleTimeOut 4h
Tom Hartsook
Oregon State Univ
------
| Dan O'Reilly | "There are 10 types of people in this |
| Principal Engineer | world: those who understand binary |
| Process Software | and those who don't." |
| http://www.process.com | |
Thomas Hartsook
2008-02-06 17:01:18 UTC
Dan: Maybe I don't understand how the "timeout reset" works. If I start an
SSH connection, and let it sit idle for 3:58, then type at the connection,
will SSH reset the "timeout clock" for another four hours?

Tom
Dan O'Reilly