i64 satellite boot & multinet????
v***@chclu.chemie.uni-konstanz.de
2008-02-27 08:23:16 UTC

It is possible to boot a Itanium machine via bootp + tftp
with HP's TCPIP product.

I tried to configure multinet V5.1 to do the same, but
without success. I cannot see if it is a configuration
mistake or if there is a problem in principle.

Now my question: which debug/logging options do exist?
Under HP TCPIP I can log every block transfer and acknowledgement.

regards
Eberhard
Richard Whalen
Eberhard
Jim
2008-03-11 13:06:36 UTC
Post by v***@chclu.chemie.uni-konstanz.de
Hi,
It is possible to boot a Itanium machine via bootp + tftp
with HP's TCPIP product.
I tried to configure multinet V5.1 to do the same, but
without success. I cannot see if it is a configuration
mistake or if there is a problem in principle.
Now my question: which debug/logging options do exist?
Under HP TCPIP I can log every block transfer and acknowledgement.
regards
Eberhard
I know this posting is a bit stale, but, if you are still having
issues repost. I just had occasion to have to do this and have been
successful using I64 VMS 8.3-1h1 and Inforserver software with
MultiNet's BOOTP and TFTP. One gotcha that isn't obvious (at least to
me) is that the host names being served must either be registered in
an accessible DNS or be present in your host tables. When the IP
address served cannot be translated there is a silent failure of BOOTP.