sftp filesnames
Bob Koehler
2012-02-17 14:13:14 UTC
Everything is OK in most cases but filename x.y.z are converted to
x^.y^.z (It is a ODS5-structured disk). The synch-software gets into
an never ending loop, because every attempt to copy x.y.z fails.
It sounds like the package you are using is looking for "x.y.z"
after it transfers the file, instead of relying on the completion
status of the sftp transfer. If you have the source, I would
try to change that. Completion status of a file transfer is
something sftp has never lied to me about.

Completion status of an FTP NLIST, however, a Sun server did lie to
me about. Too many files for it to handle, so it sent me nothing,
followed by a success code.
Heuser
2012-02-18 16:39:30 UTC
Everything is OK in most cases but filename x.y.z are converted to
x^.y^.z (It is a ODS5-structured disk). The synch-software gets into
an never ending loop, because every attempt to copy x.y.z fails.
   It sounds like the package you are using is looking for "x.y.z"
   after it transfers the file, instead of relying on the completion
   status of the sftp transfer.  If you have the source, I would
   try to change that.  Completion status of a file transfer is
   something sftp has never lied to me about.
   Completion status of an FTP NLIST, however, a Sun server did lie to
   me about.  Too many files for it to handle, so it sent me nothing,
   followed by a success code.
Here's the link to the source

http://sourceforge.net/projects/freefilesync/files/freefilesync/v5.0/

Eberhard